Office of Senator Skinner
California State Senate |
Job Posted On:
Sen. Skinner is committed to training, mentoring, and exposing young leaders to government and public service and offers interested high school and college students a hands-on and engaging internship opportunity. She seeks individuals with strong organizational skills, commitment, and a passion to learn.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Answering constituent phone calls and requests, and following up accordingly;
- Reviewing constituent emails and correspondence, and drafting constituent letters;
- Conducting research on current and future legislation;
- Attending community events, select committee hearings, and various meetings;
- Shadowing Sen. Skinner at events, briefings, and internal meetings; and
- Monitoring news sources and conducting research for media projects.
||Application Due Date
||May - Aug
||Jan. 20 - April 15
||September – December
||May 20 - July 31
||January – May
||Sept. 20 - Nov. 15
*Internship may vary by school
Internships are designed to be an educational experience. They require a commitment of at least 10 hours/week.
SUBMIT RESUME, INTERNSHIP APPLICATION, AND SENATE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION TO:
Sherry McCoy at Sherry.McCoy@sen.ca.gov, using the subject line: ACTION: Skinner Internship Application.
Download and fill out the internship application here
Download and fill out the Senate employment application here: california_state_senate_application.pdf
For additional information see: District Office Internship Opportunities | Senator Nancy Skinner (ca.gov)